How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks since they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your TV, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals of a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely easy to understand. Softwares are currently offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not right.